Pray for RAOL
We appreciate your support and prayers for our organization and for the recipients of acts of love.
Never Miss an Update
Join our mailing list
Do Your Own RAOLs
Submit your address and we will ship you free Random Acts of Love cards to use when you are participating in your own acts.
Beloved let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God. Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love.
Suggestions for Evaluating and for Doing Random Acts of Love
Jesus said “the poor will be with you always.” There are many takes on this passage but certainly one aspect is that meeting needs has no end. The important thing is resources are never wasted if used to love others as worship of Jesus.
But we don’t want to get caught up deciding who is worthy or not of receiving love. We just want to love when we see a need whether the person is poor or not, Christian or not. “Random” disappears from our title when we try too hard to judge who is truly deserving of help.
We aren’t the same as many other organizations providing assistance to the poorest of the poor. RAOL is about loving others who aren’t expecting it. If we help someone affluent or even not a Christian, they may be in real need of encouragement and revival.
These are just guidelines, not a substitute for prayer and wisdom. For example, God could inspire an idea but we don’t know quite yet how to make it happen. The most important thing is to pray, then step out in faith to become more sensitized to how we can encourage those God puts us in contact with. Here are some examples:
- Pay a hospital bill for someone without insurance.
- Send someone a card of encouragement and ask how you can help.
- Visit a laundromat and offer to pay for someone’s laundry.
- Pay for the meal of someone eating alone.
- Pay for the person’s cart in line at a store.
- If you know a family going through divorce see if you help delicately.
- Visit your pastor to learn of someone in need or encouragement.
- Help someone that recently suffered loss due to a natural disaster.
- Evaluate your God given skills and see if they can be used in a RAOL way.
- Ask God if he will regularly reveal situations to be quietly involved with.
We accept our good deeds should be done privately. However, some recognition may be unavoidable when we work to glorify God and bring others closer to Him. That’s why we encourage the use of RAOL cards. If you use them, many acts can be done anonymously by leaving one quietly behind as the need is met. The card will point people to our website to learn it is indeed Christ that extended His hand and met the need by your random act of love.